Hi from Bedford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

COYIronsMark

Hi Guys.
Finally bit the bullet and started riding my racer in the winter. My 16+ year old Giant Peloton 7400 (sports series) barely saw 3 rides a summer. It's been looked after though and has a regular service. With my weight going up about 3.5 stone over those years and rapidly approaching the age of 50 I need to do something and of all the activities cycling is the most fun.
So this fat boy is back on the road and no longer a fair weather cyclist. :ohmy:
Target this year - keep riding and lose 2 stone.
Hopefully we can beat Man Utd this evening and my morning ride tomorrow will be all the more cheery!

Come On You Irons! Mark

MattHB

Proud Daddy
:welcome: Mark and good luck on your weight loss :cheers: keep us updated!

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi :welcome:,
I reckon you've made a good move there.
Keep it steady and gradually work your way into it and you'll soon see the results.
I bet you are glad you kept your bike in good condition.
I wish you many hours of fun and happy riding.

How often are you planning to go out? Can you commute? I lost a stone and a half over about 4-5 months just by cycling to work (also not being tempted by mid-meal treats!!!) Was ok when I got into the swing of things and drove in when the weather was really bad.
Good luck :smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
2 chances re above !

and welcome from next county up :welcome::bicycle:
was a draw a good result for you ?

OP
OP
C

COYIronsMark

That's what I love about Man U fans. Going by Ferguson's excitement in only recalling the 1 second Van Persie goal, it is the Man U side that shd consider themselves lucky to draw the game.
Lovely day for a ride today even so. ^_^

I must say that for my sins...I'm coming out as a Man U fan!!! But in my defence, I am actually from Manchester...and..I've actually been to home and away games (shock horror...I know!). I'm also a realist (another trait not always associated with us) and agree that we were very, very lucky!

OP
OP
C

COYIronsMark

I pleased to know you, RussLunn, and change my mind about Man U fans. You guys do what you do well, either save a game or win the game. I was hopeful of a good game at home, OT is another matter but we shall see what happens.

Top Bottom