Hi From Bristol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkE

I have been cycling up the hills in Bristol since the year dot, usually on regular D.F. road / mountain bikes, until I paid a visit to ice trikes in Falmouth - immediate conversion to the dark side! I had an ice qnt for 3 years but sold it as I wasn't using it. now, I could be in the meerkat for another recumbent. As Bristol has been hailed as "Cycling City" I thought there may be some recumbents around the streets / in the shops. Does anyone know of anything recumbent in the Bristol area? MarkE:becool:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Welcome to the forums Mark.i have cycled around bristol area a couple of times on my folder.

There is a "Special Interest" forum with a section for recumbents here http://www.cyclechat.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hi - I've not seen many recumbents on Bristol roads - I could probably the number of times on one hand. Doesn't stop you getting one and increasing my chances of seeing them:biggrin:.

Welcome from a fellow Bristolian.
There are a couple of recumbrants that I ocassionally see on my commute into Bristol from north of the city.

Also I've seen a couple at local CTC/Audaxes recently.

In fact on one 100km audaxes back in January (when the lanes were at least 3 inches deep in mud (& pigsh*t) - following a short thaw in between the freezes - this guy on the recumbent kept turning up at the check-ins and on removing his biggles-style goggles looked like something out of a Tom and Jerry cartoon when the stick of dynamite (mistaken for a cigarette) explodes in Tom's face. :laugh:

bauldbairn

Welcome to CycleChat MarkE. :wacko:

There are quite a few Recumbent riders on this forum - not sure if any are from Bristol?

There are certainly many CC members from Bristol. :sad:

darthpaul

Welcome from another Bristolian :smile: I saw a recumbent a few times on my route just north of Bristol but not seen him for a while.

Muddyfox said:
There quite a few from Brissol on yer now

and as we also say say in Brissol:-
Africal is a malarial aerial where they grow bananals

catalan chris said:
:biggrin:

PS: Saw your comment on the giving up smoking thread. Wen you gonna give it another go then?

At some point this year Chris ... i actually dont smoke a great deal and dont suffer from the coughing and wheezing but i do want to pack them in

Its just a discusting habit that i need to break

Simon

Top Bottom