Hi from Cambridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Warny

Über Member
Hello everyone,

Hope you're doing ok, just joined and thought I'd say hi. More interested in the older bikes these days, I'm currently riding a Peugeot from the early 80's but have recently picked up a Holdsworth! 006.JPG
It's in reasonable nick, although there are a few rust patches and some of the decals have come off. Would appreciate your thoughts, it seems to have 531 forks (frame too do you think?), Simplex shifters, Compe-V derailleur at the front and Campagnolo stuff at the back:-) Have had a quick look online to try and track down the year, the frame number seems to be 40873 (on the BB) so from the helpful threads this seems to date the bike at 1974? It also has the number 62 63 on the BB.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

Julia9054

Guru
Hi and welcome.
I am visiting Cambridge on Saturday for the day as my son has a concert there in the evening. Do you have any suggestions for things to do for a day out?

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Hi and welcome.
I am visiting Cambridge on Saturday for the day as my son has a concert there in the evening. Do you have any suggestions for things to do for a day out?
Hi Julia,

Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning more about the older bikes and doing mine up. Hope you have a good time in Cambridge on Saturday, it will be probably be heaving but try and take a look at some of the college gardens if you can (Clare, St John's, Pembroke), and maybe try a bit of punting?
What bike do you have by the way?

Speak soon,

Mark

Julia9054

Guru
Thanks for the tips. I fancied having a go at punting.
I have a few bikes - Specialized Diverge which I ride to work and is my main workhorse and a Jamis Xenith Endura for summer fun.
On the vintage side, I picked up these last year which I am hoping to make a start on when I get some time. (Though I think the taller members of my family might have to ride them!) https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/pair-of-1980s-steel-framed-bikes.207004/

Top Bottom