Hi from carlisle cumbria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flying start

Veteran
Hi all technically I'm not new but it must be 10 years since I was last on a bike. I've decided to give mountain biking another go, as I've had a few bad years with a loss of my 3 year old boy I find myself struggling with motivation and a bit of depression. I've kicked my diet into touch and now need to get fitter. I was never any good at running and always loved mountain biking. So my first ride out is tomorrow bank holiday I'm heading to winlatter forest. I'm only going to concentrate on my fitness for a few rides then hopefully get that feel for it again. Things have come on a long way since I last rode bikes being the big thing. I still have my custom built marida full suss 26" wheel it'll serenely do for now.

:welcome:

postman

Legendary Member
. Heading into the lakes Friday night after work.
Just a little tip.you WILL find it easier cycling on land,not that I know much about cycling,you will find the humour on here is brilliant.

Solocle

Über Member
:welcome:
Down South here, although I've been to Cumbria a couple of times, most recently I came through Carlisle on LEJOG.
IMG_9324.jpeg

The Lake District is lovely, although the hills are murder! For a recovery ride after a nice spin up beside the M6 to Gretna could be an option:
1651864195966.png

OP
OP
flying start

flying start

Veteran

Down South here, although I've been to Cumbria a couple of times, most recently I came through Carlisle on LEJOG.

The Lake District is lovely, although the hills are murder! For a recovery ride after a nice spin up beside the M6 to Gretna could be an option:
Wow very nice indeed. We call it the back road to Gretna. Didn't do much after my few rides after falling very ill with a chest infection it stopped me in my tracks.

Top Bottom