HI FROM Co DURHAM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coyote72

Just started my cycling today, purchased my first road bike and done 6miles today, live in Teesdale Co Durham so hills everywhere.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Hi coyote72 and :welcome: to cyclechat :bicycle:

The hills seem to sneak op everywhere don't they sometimes (I live on the edge of the Lake District so they've cornered me too :smile:), but it's good practice and before long you may even start deliberately aiming for them :ohmy:.

What bike have yo got?

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
Just started my cycling today, purchased my first road bike and done 6miles today, live in Teesdale Co Durham so hills everywhere.

Hi coyote72 :hello: must say thats one of my favourite places Middleton in Teesdale called in at Eggleston Hall last weekend on the way to lakes saw loads of people out on their bikes was a little green with envy as we where in the car. Happy Cycling

OP
OP
C

coyote72

Hi coyote72 :hello: must say thats one of my favourite places Middleton in Teesdale called in at Eggleston Hall last weekend on the way to lakes saw loads of people out on their bikes was a little green with envy as we where in the car. Happy Cycling

I got a Coyote Big Sur from my local shop (Arthur Caygill) they changed the cassette in it for me due to all the hills, may not be the most expensive bike but its absolutely superb for me, has STI gears, fairly light, since getting it on Saturday have covered best part of 20 mile. Now its raining and foggy, typical.

Only got the bike to get started to make sure I like it and I must say I`m addicted, your right about the hills, I live in Copley which is on a 4 mile hill to Woodland which is part of my training route, first time was a killer but rode the route twice in succession yesterday.

OP
OP
C

coyote72

Welcome Coyote.

Your in a fantastic area for cycling. I have to travel a good way inland for those hills.

There is a very large hill called Penny Hill which is on the Barnard Castle road to Copley, I am planning a route to go from my house to Castle and then back up Penny Hill. Just going to take my time but hope I can do it with no problems as the road back from Barnard Castle is about 6 miles all uphill.

I am 38 and for the first time since I was 21 I am back to 14 stone and a 34" waist, now need all new clothes (More expense).

theloafer

Legendary Member
:welcome: coyote
congrats on the new bike (caygills great bike shop) have spent many w/ends around your area live in aycliffe you should try the road from newbiggin to eastgate hamsterly to wolsingham :thumbsup:

larry

Top Bottom