Hi from East London!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flipflop

Cycling, the healthiest form of self harm I know!
Hi all,

Found this forum as Im new to cycling and due to take part in a night time London to Brighton trip in september in aid of Macmillan cancer support.
At the ripe old age of 34 and just getting over cancer I cant see myself as a tour contender but starting to enjoy a ride around Epping and Chingford as a way of keeping the moobs and belly at bay when I can.

Im looking for some training tips and best places to ride locally and practice hill climbing.

Londons too flat and Im worried I'll suffer at Ditchling beacon (is it really THAT bad?)

Regards Brian

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
http://www.cyclechat.net/forum/19-cc-informal-rides-and-events/

go to the informal rides section of this very forum.

surely the Moonriders give personal advice for their 89 quid??????

OP
OP
flipflop

flipflop

Cycling, the healthiest form of self harm I know!
Thanks mate.

TBH the info pack from moon riders is kinda full of obvious do's and don'ts.
I was after advice from people who have done this event and may know of a similar inclines to Ditchling around the Chingford Area. I found a hill in Chingford which is about half a mile long but I cant find the gradient to compare it.

Not too bothered about correct cadence and such at the moment I just pedal to rhythm which gets a sweat on but is sustainable over about 40 or 50 miles or so without too much pressure on the legs.

I have to say though I really struggle finding that zone as for the first hour. According to my computer Im only doing about 18mph on the flats, then something clicks and I'm up to about 23 ish on the flats but what feels like less effort, almost as though the Chain fell off my bike!... Is this normal?

Like I said Im really enjoying getting fit and hopefully be strong enough to do a few club rides once I can improve.

Top Bottom