Hi from halifax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wayneo

Über Member
Hi guys,bought a bike in february this year after looking at the scales and they read 17 stones and thought s##t I need to do something.I thought I know il cycle the 9 miles to work that'll shift the blubber, it turned out to be the hardest thing I've ever done, wheezing, sweating and thinking what the hell am I doing at six o'clock in the morning when everyone else is tucked up in bed.anyway I stuck with it and it did get easier, I even convinced some of the guys at work to join me.so here we are in november 3 stones lighter and with more energy than I can ever remember having still riding everyday, getting wet most days but loving it....

rusky

CC Addict
Hello, welcome to the forum & well done for shifting those 3st! :thumbsup:

colly

Re member eR
Hi Wayno,

Welcome along. :thumbsup:

Keep your eyes peels in the 'Informal Rides' section for rides. Especially for ColinJ's ride usually out of Hebden Bridge.

Just round the corner from you.

OP
OP
wayneo

wayneo

Über Member
Hi steve, yeah me and a couple of mates from work get out at weekends every couple of weeks, nothing too mad, usually 30 mile ish with plenty of stops for a bit of a laugh, although we have done a couple of 60 milers which nearly killed me. We're having a ride tommorow over to hollingworth lake if you know where that is..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Wayno,

Welcome along. :thumbsup:

Keep your eyes peels in the 'Informal Rides' section for rides. Especially for ColinJ's ride usually out of Hebden Bridge.

Just round the corner from you.
Yes, hi!

I might arrange one more CycleChat forum ride in 2011 and then give it a rest until 2012.

I've ridden with colly and Steve H lots of times. Steve joined the forum about a year and a half ago and his fitness has come on really well in that time - in fact, he's fitter than me now! Colly was already fit when I first met him ...

Steve H

Large Member
Hi steve, yeah me and a couple of mates from work get out at weekends every couple of weeks, nothing too mad, usually 30 mile ish with plenty of stops for a bit of a laugh, although we have done a couple of 60 milers which nearly killed me. We're having a ride tommorow over to hollingworth lake if you know where that is..

Yes I know Hollingworth Lake. My first 50 mile ride last year was out to the lake and back.

Steve H

Large Member
I've ridden with colly and Steve H lots of times. Steve joined the forum about a year and a half ago and his fitness has come on really well in that time - in fact, he's fitter than me now! Colly was already fit when I first met him ...

That's nice of you to say so Colin, but not sure it's quite true. I still struggled on a few of those hills last week.

Top Bottom