Hi from Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ellis456

Hello everyone,

I'm Ellis and im from Dartford Kent :rolleyes:, been reading the forum for the past few days and thought I might as well start posting as it's a really good site :thumbsup:.

Where to start!, well I sold my car just under a month ago due the the cost of motoring, really couldn't afford it at this present time it's ridiculous! but good came out of it as I hopped back on my bike thats been stored at my brothers place for the past year or so.

Im really enjoying cycling again, I dont know how I ever stopped. Maybe because when you get a car you just get lazy?, anyway this is is good as I exercise a lot (upper body weightlifting etc) so my lower needed a good start and my legs feel great!.

I currently do about 40 miles a week at the moment, planning to do more eventually but just starting easy at the moment!.

Only thing since starting cycling is I now remember how it feels to be a cyclist again on the road!, how dangerous and vulnerable you are and the attitude from drivers :angry:, but I take it with a pinch of salt, at the end of day im getting fit and healthy and get to see some lovely countryside and views. :thumbsup:

I did have an electric bike a few years back that I enjoyed, but sold it as needed the money, was handy for the hills! :laugh:.

Ah nearly forgot I bought one of them 7 day cameras that was recommended on the forum and still waiting for it to arrive, cant wait to record my journeys and try it out!.

Oh and sorry again I was wondering where a good place would be to get good cycle route map's in kent?, if anybody knows?.

Many thanks.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hello and :welcome:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Hi and welcome
cool.gif

I did find there was quite a lot on the internet about cycle routes in Kent, sorry, can't remember any specific links but there was lots that were easily find-able.

Glad you're enjoying your cycling
biggrin.gif

E11a

Hi Ellis. There should be some information on Kent County Council's website. Sustrans might have some ideas too.

Top Bottom