Hi from Land's End..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulCornwall

Hi everyone, my name is Paul and I'm from the far southwest of Cornwall. I initially started running in order to loose some weight but injured my knee. My doc has advised due to my weight (was 15st 4lb, no 13st 11Ibs) to avoid high impact exercise and suggested cycling, over the last 4 months I've stopped drinking alcohol completely and avoid processed foods as much as possible. I've also replaced those heavy suppers with some canned fish, all of which seems to be working.
On Monday I was lucky enough to buy my first Hybrid bike, I had debated between the Sirrus range and the Trek FX range, in the end I got the Trek 7.2, which I'm absolutely chuffed with.
I've yet been able to place many miles on her due to daughters health but I'm definitely looking forward to getting out there, although feel quite exposed to traffic at the moment, but I guess I'll overcome that with time. :smile:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Paul, congratulations on your new bike, enjoy!

Kies

Welcome Paul, your weight echo's my own losses. Your doc has suggested the right thing. I was even lighter,but less cycling over the winter months means i need to get out there more.
The only advice i would give is build your mileage up slowly at first .... Don't get too hung about top speed or average speed or even distance.
Say i'm going riding for 30 minutes,then 40 minutes then an hour.
Good luck

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi Paul and :welcome:. I hope you'll enjoy the cycling. It's quite addictive when you get into it.:smile:

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi Paul and welcome to the site nice bike and a very nice place to ride it in :thumbsup: and as Kies stated before just take it easy and don't go mad about how far/fast your not in a race just yet lol. and just before any one else gets it in, it doe's not get easier you just get faster !!!!

Top Bottom