Hi From Northumberland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thetribe

Über Member
Hey all,

Little bit of a delayed post it seems, I joined here in May 2010 when I got my bike, read lots at the beginning, lost my way a little bit and the bike felt as if it had retired. At the beginning of the year I realised I was a little larger than I wanted to be (don't we all at some point) so out came the bike again.

Since then I've loved being back on the bike and my rides have increased in distance and amounts, currently at 562 miles for the year (of which 420 miles are for April, aiming for 500). Weight loss has come along with the newly found ride excitement, 2.5 stone off since the beginning of the year, back under 14stone and still dropping.

Currently have a 10mile/20mile loop for after work and try and hit the Northumberland coast and countryside on my day off.

Current rides are Dawes Vantage tourer and a newly acquired Giant Talon 29er 2 MTB and if anyone is interested I can be found on Strava http://www.strava.com/athletes/1595887

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
:hello: @thetribe

I'm glad you're enjoying getting back into riding. Let us know how you're progressing.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
thetribe

thetribe

Über Member
:hello: @thetribe

I'm glad you're enjoying getting back into riding. Let us know how you're progressing.:thumbsup:

Well I didn't quite make it to 500 miles for April, overtime got in the way but I'm quite happy with my first proper month back on the bike and it's onwards and upwards from here, although I'm not expecting to get as many miles in over the next few months as we have a few weekends away planned (without bikes) :smile:
10313060_10202769777437789_7079713905763151937_n.jpg

:bicycle:

babytiger

:welcome:

Hi and welcome @thetribe, good to welcome you as an official member of the motley crew here on CC.

Excellent going on the mileage for April, regardless of being barely a kick in the nether region off it, you've done great.
Averaging over 15 miles per ride and 12.3mph is definitely not to be sniffed at.
You have some beautiful coastline and scenery to ride which isn't too far from my abode - some 25 minutes and I'm out toward Ponteland or Blyth ready for a nice(ish) coast run to Tynemouth then home.

Basically, every mile counts and you've probably done more than a lot who only really get to commute.

regards
TonyEnjoyD

Top Bottom