Hi from Northumberland...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FatStu

Hi all, Just started cycling as a way to lose some weight and maybe some more :rolleyes:

I decided to get my old Magna Trepid out of the shed, it's ok erm well to be honest it's horrible but I really need to get a decent bike. I am looking at getting myself a hybrid The Trek 7.1 FX 2011. Has anyone got or had one of these and let me know what they think of the bike.

Thanks

Stu.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hello and welcome to the forum, good luck with the weight loss and fitness, that's just the beginning it doesn't take long before you get hooked. :0)

Ruary

Hi from another Northumbrian!!
There are afew of us just starting out as well so if you ever fancy joining us for a ride let me know, we've got some great roads up here for cycling!
Good Luck!

OP
OP
FatStu

FatStu

Thanks for the welcome guys :-)

Ruary: will keep that in mind thanks, but might be a little while yet as I need to concentrate on getting some of this weight shifted first.

Hi and welcome to CC

I was out and about in the Matfen area over the weekend, great roads and very quiet. I love cycling in Northumberland

joe1942

Quite a few members from the Northumberland area, anyone from East Northumberland Ashington area, and would fancy teaming up for midweek rides nothing to great 40 mile max.

OP
OP
FatStu

FatStu

Quite a few members from the Northumberland area, anyone from East Northumberland Ashington area, and would fancy teaming up for midweek rides nothing to great 40 mile max.
I live in Ashington, but it might be a while before I'm anywhere near your fitness level. Once I feel as if I can maybe get a 40 miler in I'll give you a shout. :-)

joe1942

I live in Ashington, but it might be a while before I'm anywhere near your fitness level. Once I feel as if I can maybe get a 40 miler in I'll give you a shout. :-)
Look forward to hear from you, 40 miles is at the top end average about 20 miles, speed 10 mph, happy with that for my age high sixties,as the weather improves give me a call

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Hi and welcome.
I don't know if this might interest you but there are a few triathlon/duathlon events in your neck of the woods. I'm not suggesting you get soaking wet before riding your bike but they are often like top notch bike shows and you get a wide variety of cycling abilities. There are always specators who ride for fun if you just wanted a chat.

http://www.trinorthumberland.co.uk/2011-events

Top Bottom