Hi from Renfrew, Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

glaw5

Regular
Thanks for all the welcomes since I said thanks originally!

A few of you have said there are really good routes near me.

I've come across the cycle path from paisley down to lochwinnoch.

Where are the other good places to go?

killiekosmos

Veteran

If you have been down to Lochwinnoch you could try going further down the same route (lots of stations on the Ayr/Paisley line if you get tired). You could get to Kilwinning then go North to Ardrossan or South to Irvine, Troon and Ayr. From Irvine there is a smooth tar path all the way to Killie and from Killie you can get back to Newton Mearns on the dedicated cycle lane on old A77.

You could also get from Paisley to central Glasgow on same cyclepath.

Also some good backroads from Barrhear/Neilston down to Stewarton and also up over Eaglesham and the big windfarm.

Have you looked at Sustrans web-site for ideas? Or Cycle Scotland?

daddyshambles

Über Member

hi glaw5 and welcome. the path down to lochwinnoch is good and you can keep going into kilbirnie and on to irvine or saltcoats. you then have options from there. you can also go the greenok route from the same path , its great as well. nice wee pub for a drink and a baguette at kilmacolm (after kilmacolm it gets a wee bit hilly). i did kilwinning and back a couple of weeks ago which was great (50 mile return) went other way last week and followed path into glasgow and up into maryhill to the canals and headed for falkirk wheel which is good and did bowling to luss other day and that was great too. any questions gimme a shout and happy cycling, good luck

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello fron Erskine

Hello, how did I miss you?? I'm from Dumbarton!:hello:

Hello from Erskine again! 2 in a row!

FFFFZZZZZZPPPPPTTTTTTT!!!!! I see you joined on the same day as my operation (removal of large intestine and Appendix if you must know) in the RAH in Paisley on the 3rd of October, so no wonder I have never seen you before! (you joined when I was either rolling about in pain or zonked out, having the best sleep I had had in weeks! What a great date to remember, eh??). It is a date etched in my mind now!

Yes, that Diarehe... diar... Dire Rear I had at the time of the Pedal For Scotland on the 12th of September was actually about the worst type of Acute Ulcerative Colitis possible, so I don't feel like such a big woman's blouse for opting out of doing the 'Pedal For Cake' event the day before now!!

I still managed the 51 miles from Glasgow to Edinburgh in just over 3 hours, not including the Avonside break though! (nor do I feel so bad at being bent double with pain in the cake tent. The chances are people thought I was simply stretching or sommat!:rolleyes:). :biggrin:

As an aside, I don't think I'll ever be able to look at another Black Currant Smoothie in quite the same way ever again after all of that, seriously!! if you EVER produce anything similar, GET TO THE DOCTOR QUICK!!:laugh:

Doug, who last cycled on the 12th of September. The operation was only so late (3rd) because of my other health problems and the fact they wanted to try everything else before cutting me up!
By the time they did it, it was an emergency, they had left me so long - heck, my bladder had started to merge with the bowel which had already perforated but somehow sealed back up again!

Hello by the way! :hello:

Pilgrim_uk

Hello from Renfrew.

I did a cycle at night from Renfrew to linwood down passed the bishopton munition works and past the moss road. 7 miles took me an hour... err it was a strong headwind ;D 

Top Bottom