Hi from somewhere north of Inverness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

-Spider-

Hi all

Just getting back into road cycling after many years on a variety ot MTBs. GOt an old (very old) road bike but it really has to go. I'm thinking about a Bianchi via Nirone 105, Trek 2.3, or a Cannondale CAAD 8 105. I'd welcome any comments on this.

Also looking for how to flatten some of these hills round here!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Eyup,

You'll not go wrong with any of those, although I like Cannondale myself. They're all good if they're being ridden!

Welcome, lovely part of the world you live in, I don't remember any huge hills there, a lovely shore road and some up downy middle bits but all nice.

OP
OP
-Spider-

-Spider-

Hi all - thanks for the welcome - seems like a friendly place.

Crackle - I'm not really complaining about the hills - just that I can't really avoid them. Next time you're in the area try the Struie - Alness to Bonar Bridge - good route with about 1500ft of climb - not steep but it drags on. Worth it for the view though.

Ianrauk - don't pay much attention to Inverness Caledonian Thistle. I think Caledonian FC sold their soul when they merged with that other team. My loyalties are now with Ross County in the north.

Randochap - I hope the rain is letting up a bit now - it's been OK round here (unlike Dunfries or Keswick, etc)

scots_lass

Hi Spider and:welcome: to the forum. I was born and brought up in Forres and still think of that part of the country as home! Good luck with your purchase. I just tool delivery of my new bike today and now wishing for the rain to dry up!

Top Bottom