Hi from Staffordshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rodney

new cyclist here, in fact so new I have not even brought a bike yet.

Just sent off for my vouchers on the cycle to work scheme, looking at getting a Boardman 2011 comp road bike. Boardman rangr seems to be getting good reviews, hopefully im making the right choice ?

Anyway I live close to the border of West mids, Shropshire and Staffordshire and live in a fairly rural area so im looking forward to some god scenic rides out. Im planning to cycle to work 4-5 times a week on a 24 mile round trip. Will be looking in the future to some sort of cycling club.

ive been a runner for years, now in my mid 30's my joints are not reecovering as quick anymore so a new fitness type hobby is definately on the agenda.

Looking forward to learning some great tips on here.

James

Hi from Rochdale. I took up cycling a few years ago because of an injury I got whilst running, and wish that I'd done it sooner. Less strain on the joints, especially the knees! Good luck with the bikes, the Boardmans always get good reviews.

OP
OP
R

Rodney

I still manage a couple of short runs a week but nowhere near the 50 mile a week i have done in the past

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
n
Anyway I live close to the border of West mids, Shropshire and Staffordshire and live in a fairly rural area so im looking forward to some god scenic rides out. Im planning to cycle to work 4-5 times a week on a 24 mile round trip. Will be looking in the future to some sort of cycling club.

James

Kinver?

Get a bike, get fit, and then join us on a ride here:

OP
OP
R

Rodney

brumjim, thanks, I will certainly join you when my legs have adjusted from running to cycling. Really looking forward to those bacon butties.

its Coven where i live.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Hellooo :hello:

Skyfoil

The Jolly Ginger Giant
new cyclist here, in fact so new I have not even brought a bike yet.
.......... looking at getting a Boardman 2011 comp road bike.
.......... planning to cycle to work 4-5 times a week on a 24 mile round trip.

24 miles a day without any build up to it? That's ambitious. Or at least it sounds a lot to me. Perhaps i'm just a lightweight.
Let us know how you get on.

There are a couple of guys I know who do a similar commute to me that have Boardmans. They love them, and dont seem to have a bad word to say against them.

Oh and welcome to the forum. :hello:

Boyfrom64

Veteran
Rodney, Hello and welcome.

Like you, I have come to the world of cycling from running due to a leg injury. Until my first off last week, I had been doing a 15 mile route which included 3 - 4 good hills three times a week, and I feel that this will become 20 – 30 miles very quickly.

To some your plan of 24 miles may seem ambitious however, I think that anyone who has been running for a while will have a good base level of fitness and therefore will be able to quickly build up their cycling miles.

One thing I know is that in the month that I have been cycling, the pain in my knee has gone away, and I am feeling stronger and fitter every time I go out.

Rodney, I hope you enjoy your new sport and that the bug will get you just as it has me.

OP
OP
R

Rodney

Thanks for the support.

Had my bike for a few weeks now and loving the commute... finding the 24 mile round trip easy enough.

didnt realise that the roads and pot holes where so bad. How ignorant car drivers are ?

Top Bottom