Hi from the Sunshine Coast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebournecyclist

Hi everyone

I've just registered here and have been cycling now for about 8 months or so since buying my first road bike last year. I live in Eastbourne in East Sussex and I am blessed by having a great mix of coast and countryside on my doorstep, including the South Downs.

I ride solo at the moment, but I will be looking to join a local club when I reach about a year and feel confident that my fitness and ability is of a suitable standard. That said, I think I will always enjoy getting out on my own and having my own space on a long ride.

Anyway, enough for now. I hope to catch up with you all on the boards in the future.

Ebournecyclist

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :welcome: to CC

OP
OP
E

ebournecyclist

Hi and welcome! Have you looked at the CTC website for East Sussex? There are several sections to choose from - Eastbourne & Hailsham, Seaford & Newhaven, and a midweek section that goes out on a Wednesday. The midweek ride splits into three or four groups varying from very sedate to touring pace to quite quick, so I'm sure you'd fit in somewhere. I go out with them when I can. There are also occasional Saturday "Geoff's Old Bike Rides", for which you don't need to ride an old bike, strangely enough. The demographic is, ahem, "older" on those, I believe :rolleyes:

Thanks, I'll be sure to check those out. Sounds good.

Top Bottom