Hi from Wivenhoe near Colchester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gds58

Über Member
Hi all,

I've just got back into a bit of cycling again after a long lay-off of some 15 years or so. I decided it was time I was a bit fitter again now that I'm in my early fifties and as cycling was such a big part of my life back in the 80's and 90's it seemed the obvious way to go. I used to race to a good standard back then, specifically in shorter distance time trials and road races. Most of my racing was in the East Anglia areas but I would venture further afield when necessary and to the continent as well. For much of my time racing I was with the Leo Road Club which I believe now no longer exists. This was in the days when we had such members as Graeme Obree, Stuart Dangerfield, Zak Carr etc.

Much has changed and I'm now two stone heavier than I was then which is a bit like cycling with an extra two bikes strapped to your back!! hence why I would like to get a bit fitter. I've equipped myself with a reasonable road bike and I'm currently putting together a fixed gear bike which will (hopefully) help to give me back a bit of suppleness in my (very) tired legs.

Anyway I'm looking forward to a good bit of banter and advice etc on here and maybe even meeting up with some of you for a ride occasionally.

Graham

Shaun

Founder
Welcome to CC Graham :smile:

Top Bottom