Hi - utility cyclist from Fareham, Hants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Francis

Hi CycleChat people! South Hants cyclist reporting in.

I'm almost exclusively a utility cyclist and, although I own one for now, have been car-free most of my life. Although I've been largely out of the saddle for a while now, I still have the road-grimed thousand-yard stare of the day-in-day-out year-round traffic-jamming commuter.

Things I like: not owning a car, hub gears, riding to the beach, panniers and mudguards.
Things I don't like: maintenance, oily chains, carbon fibre, windy days.

My bike stable holds an audax machine (cobweb covered - I hate drop bars), a Dahon folder, and a tandem. I am also chief (incompetent) bike mechanic for the bikes belonging to wife and daughters. One day I'd to own a Moulton if I can work out how to spec it for shopping trips.

I've signed up to share commuting and utility riding tips and general bikie-chat.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome:

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Hello Francis and welcome to Cycle Chat from a fellow Fareham resident (although one that ticks some of your 'dont like boxes'!) :smile:

I was in Fareham today (I mean yesterday, sleep deprivation :wacko:) Anyhow there seemed to be lots of bikes about, there was a fair bit of cycle parking but it still wasn't enough ;) I particularly like the on platform sheffield stands at the station; Bray, Co Wicklow, Ireland has the same, plenty of passive security :thumbsup: It might be something to do with the better weather but ther seemed to be a lot more Police on the beat, which was probably good thing too because most bikes were locked up with cable locks!

kishan

welcome to CC

Top Bottom