Hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
heyy

what u thiinking of getting??

OP
OP
Maple_Leaf

Maple_Leaf

MadoneRider1991 said:
heyy

what u thiinking of getting??

I'm not to sure to be honest, I'm thinking of something to commute with, so maybe a touring bike or a hybrid. Something that has the speed of a road bike with the riding position of a mountain bike. Something less than £200, since it'll be a work bike and also while I'm learning bike mechanics at the same time!

So I'm looking for a hybrid/commuter bike, if that makes sense.

MajorMantra

With that budget, I'd strongly consider going used. Ideally get a friend who knows bikes to advise you on what's good, or ask here.

Matthew

Plague

Hello Mapleleaf!!

Firstly, if thats your dog then you've made me instantly jealous. I love huskies but just wouldnt have the time to look after one at the moment!

Also, Im in the same boat as you - I havent ridden since I was a teenager (although my beat up old Raleigh Activator is still in my parents garage - why they havent chucked it I've no idea) and so Im looking to get myself back on the road for light commuting and a bit of leisure at he weekend. I was looking upto £300 on a hybrid as didnt want to go below £200 for fear of getting something that was just cheap and nasty but didnt want to pay over the odds either. Found what look to be some very good bikes for good prices - Also the people on here are fantastic and just offer loads of really good advice, things you may not have considered etc.

I have been looking at a few - Theres a GT Transeo 5 on offer at Evans at the moment for £250, down from £299; they seem to have a bit of a sale on. I have been recommended the Subway 1 from Halfords which comes in at the same price for a decent starter bike and the Kona Dew Plus has been recommended though thats a bit more expensive at £299.

LIke you I just want something decent, but dont want to go crazy. Give me a shout if you want to compare notes

Top Bottom