HI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Welcome to CC mate :smile:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello!
I see my shameless plugging of this Forum has worked!! :biggrin:

I was out on two SkyRide Local Glasgow runs yesterday (Sunday) wearing my black, orange and white version of the Cycle Chat Cycling top.
The first was out to the foot of the Campsies at Lennoxtown and Torrance, via Milngavie et al, and the second was a tour of the West End. They both started at the Kelvin Hall and Kelvin Bridge respectively.

Unfortunately I didn't exactly give this forum a good showing up as no less than 3 main individual technical problems as well as a few small problems with my bike started to develop, particularly on the West End ride, and the up shot of it is that it is now at Magic Cycles in Bowling gettting repaired! (I took it right there).

Combined with a higher than usual number of embarrasssing falls caused by the clipless pedals, it was by far and away my worst day on the bike since....... well, ever!...... hell, even my drinks cage broke (I kid you not), that's how hideous it was!! :blush:

I truly wish I had just stayed in bed instead, it genuinely was one of those days.

Oh yeah, anyway, yes WELCOME!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
The reason why I responded so was because the leader of the Skyrides I just did was called Alan (as far as I can tell from the website anyway - I wish I'd spoken more to him now, but I am a quiet chap in 'real life'), although to be fair, I doubt he looked 36 - no offence or anything.

Actually, on the West End Tour, the rest of the marshalls abandonned us after I got a puncture and his tyre exploded/burst (something I have never seen before - you know the bangers kids get to throw at the ground? well it sounded exactly like that and I was looking to see where the kids were, but there weren't any).

I shared a taxi crammed with our bikes as far as Partick where I got the train to Bowling to drop the bike off, and then home to sunny Dumbarton.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
MY NAMES ALAN IM FROM GLASGOW AGE 36

My name is Douglas, I'm 28 and I'm an alcoholic. There.:biggrin:

Top Bottom