Hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lb81

Hello,

I'm Rich,

Came across this forum during general browsing and seems like a nice place to be!

Always been a keen cyclist, have even worked as a mechanic in a bike shop. Not been cycling so much over the last couple of years or so other than the odd weekender and sold off all my other bikes due to new house / children - until recently.... Now have a hefty 30 mile round trip commute daily! So I am properly 'back in the saddle'!!

Have to say that I am loving it and really got the bug again. Something very liberating about leaving the car at home and depending on your bike to get you around. Its made me realize how much I missed it!

Just in the process of building myself up a 'do it all' rigid and sacking off some bits. I have fond memories of riding my old Kona with P2's and now that my daily ride is about 70% road I think I can get away with ditching the suspension and saving myself about 2lbs in the process ^_^

Here's my ride such as it is:

IMG_0656.jpg

For now......

OP
OP
L

lb81

Welcome and thanks for the picture of your MTB. I'm doing a lot of my road riding on my mountain bike at the moment - there's quite a few potholes round my neck of the wood and the 2.2 tyres seem to glide over them in a way that the 23c tyres on my road bike can't.

Hi, thanks for the welcome! I'm running 1.95 Conti Travel Contacts for my commute at the mo as my CityRides split down the centre when I refitted them after disuse. I also run Conti Vapours which are 2.2 and are lovely with about 35-40psi. Not sure how I'm going to get on with the rigid fork / Travel contact combo - the recommended pressure is 80psi!!

OP
OP
L

lb81

I guess so! will see how my arms are after the first ride! They should be here tomorrow, will be interesting to see what happens as the rigids are only 420mm a-c the Rockshox as per pic are 470 and run at 450ish with sag or locked out, so the fronts going to drop and stiffen up... I have some extra spacers for the stem though to compensate!

Dave7

Legendary Member
What's the chance you could lend me £50?

Oh! when you said
"Hello
I'm Rich".............thats your name-I thought it was a statement:rolleyes:

Welcome. I'm a newbie but found everyone to be extremely helpful.

Top Bottom