Hiding ignored posters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Debian said:
LOL! :wacko:

Though it's a little out of date now as I've gone over to Ubuntu (which is based on Debian) and Karoshi (also based on Ubuntu).
For some reason, Karoshi strikes me as being a pretty good user name. :biggrin:

rich p said:
We shouldn't have a guessing game as to who the culprit is.
It'll all become clear when he doesn't comment on this post.

Touche said:
I used to have a 4 of them, the 4th had his hands over his crotch.
Ah, the infamous "Speak no evil. See no evil. Hear no evil. Masturbate furiously". :biggrin:

Touche said:
I used to have a 4 of them, the 4th had his hands over his crotch.
Norm said:
Ah, the infamous "Speak no evil. See no evil. Hear no evil. M******te furiously". :biggrin:
[asterisked just in case the Mods take a view...]
That mode of communication is not yet available via the CycleChat forum. But I've no doubt that, given time, technology will find the way! :wacko:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Why don't you put a few people you don't mind on your ignore list? That way when you get a message about someone on your ignore list having posted a message, you won't know for sure it's User3143.

potsy

Rambler
Yellow Fang said:
Why don't you put a few people you don't mind on your ignore list? That way when you get a message about someone on your ignore list having posted a message, you won't know for sure it's User3143.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
User3143 said:
Correct - someone may want to quote this just to put Debains mind at peace. It's me by the way - 100% sure of it.:becool:

My money would be on you Lee as well, you have this certain effect on some.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
here's another thought....would it be possible to 'blank' quotes from someone on your ignore list? What I mean is this - if A is on your ignore list, and B quotes him or her (I have both on my exceptionally long ignore list) then you see the quote. Would it be possible to 'blank' the quote?

And if DanB tells me how it can be done, using words I've never heard of, he can come round my place and do it for himself!

Shaun

Founder
dellzeqq said:
here's another thought....would it be possible to 'blank' quotes from someone on your ignore list? What I mean is this - if A is on your ignore list, and B quotes him or her (I have both on my exceptionally long ignore list) then you see the quote. Would it be possible to 'blank' the quote?

It may be possible, but as I'm moving everything over to a new software platform it's not something I'm going to look into just yet.

Once we've moved have a look at how it works, and if it doesn't block quotes, post back here on this thread and I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
My ignore list is basically skim reading, I tried using the official ignore function for a couple of posters. However I tend to use the forum via the newposts option. Even if someone is on your ignore list their posts still trigger a thread moving on to the list. I also found the message that someone on your ignore list ahd posted but you'd chosen not to see it more irritating than the posts themselves.

At the very least, Shaun, and this is being serious: make all the 'ignore' lists public please! I see no reason whatever why this data should not be visible in members' profiles when you click on them.

It seems particularly perverse, when a forummer who boasts about having a lengthy ignore list, then launches an information-gathering thread like [thread=63248]this one[/thread]. Perverse indeed! I think you understand what I mean.

Shaun

Founder
Unfortunately it's not something I can do anything about really; it's a built-in software feature that doesn't offer any options to tailor it.

Cheers,
Shaun :blush: