Hirwaun Brecon Beacons ride tommorow about 50 miles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Anyone up for it. Its a route check for a forum ride next year so will be taking my time,taking photos of junctions etc to set it in my head. route goes over the Devils Elbow (Heol Senni).

Starting off about 1030 Tuesday 18th Dec.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

missed your chances for a stunning ride. Warm no wind or rain light traffic . Hard to believe its December.
HirwaunDevilsElbow013.jpg

HirwaunDevilsElbow016.jpg

Nuncio

Über Member
Not sure which way you went G but the long climb up from Ystradfellte to the Elbow is one of my favourite rides. But I have had a puncture and a rim blow-out (separately) on the second of the bends (this particular devil must be double-jointed) just beyond where that second photo was taken, so am less fond of the descent in that direction.

Unfortunately I was desk-bound yesterday, looking whistfully at the blue sky outside most of the day. Had I seen it in time I would have pointed Ian S in your direction.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Not sure which way you went G but the long climb up from Ystradfellte to the Elbow is one of my favourite rides. But I have had a puncture and a rim blow-out (separately) on the second of the bends (this particular devil must be double-jointed) just beyond where that second photo was taken, so am less fond of the descent in that direction.

Unfortunately I was desk-bound yesterday, looking whistfully at the blue sky outside most of the day. Had I seen it in time I would have pointed Ian S in your direction.

Bit of a lonely spot to have something like a rim blow out :ohmy: I have never ridden Devils elbow south to North,allways north to South for some reason.Did it on one of the Cardiff 200s once straight after a big lunch in Deffynog ^_^ Managed to keep it in but will eat in Ystradfellte or Pont Nedd Fechan next time.
I know the frustration of being stuck in work on a rare day like that. I was Lucky this time.

Theres a big hole in the road at the moment where a cattle grid used to be South of the elbow. You can get round it just a bit muddy.

Top Bottom