Hmmm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
I just received a new debit card in the post and went into my Netflix account to change the payment card details. I didn't recognise the existing card number and was wondering what were going on before suddenly twigging that the number I didn't recognise was the one on the new card! Not sure I like that happening...

classic33

Leg End Member
No good with numbers?

If you recognised the new number that's the time to start worrying.

kynikos

Veteran
Au contraire. I lost my wallet last week (loose fitting shorts and must have come out of my pocket when out on the bike). A quick call to the provider and 10 minutes later Google Pay had updated with the new number and I was able to use my phone to pay.

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
No good with numbers?

If you recognised the new number that's the time to start worrying.

I hadn't looked at the new card at all. The accompanying letter advised I should update any regular payments, but the bank obviously told Netflix the new number without my knowledge, so their advice in said letter was not required...

D

Deleted member 26715

Not sure why but I find that disconcerting, although convenient what other & who else are they telling about your financial details you don't know about.

classic33

Leg End Member
I hadn't looked at the new card at all. The accompanying letter advised I should update any regular payments, but the bank obviously told Netflix the new number without my knowledge, so their advice in said letter was not required...
There's times when they'll update the details for you. Depending on the reason for replacement.

But they shouldn't be passing your details on.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, that is a bit disconcerting, though convenient.

I had the opposite problem with Eurosport. They had my card details and renewed my subscription automatically every year. I was locked in to the price I paid when I signed up as long as I carried on paying. Then my card details changed, the next renewal attempt failed and they silently cut me off. When I found out I contacted Eurosport to explain what had happened but they refused to let me pay the old price with the new card. I had to pay about 25% extra after that! :cursing:

PaulSB

Legendary Member

That's outrageous. There is absolutely no justification for the bank giving your details to Netflix. Your card will have a new number, expiry date and CCV all of which would be needed for a payment to go through.

I'd be asking serious questions of my bank if that happened on my account.

Top Bottom