Holdsworth Serial numbers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M0TEC

Hi guys,

Trying to date my Holdsworth Mistral Road bike. Think it's 1983, but would like to date from serial number which is 062034. Any Holdsworth experts out there?

Cheers

Alan

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
an early 80's Elan i sold to @Fab Foodie of this parish had frame no 058717 .

any pics always help , are there any original components on it ie hubs and brake calipers as they will be date stamped

Aniello

Regular
One thing I noticed is that a 82 model of Mistral had braze ons on the seat stays for a rack, whilst an earlier model didn't seem to have it. Of course it could have been made on order, but the catalogues of 82 clearly show the full bike having racks attached to these braze ons, whilst earlier catalogues showed the racks attached to the brake nut.

These details might help.

My 82 Mistral has this as serial number: U59218 (I read it from the forks where it was pretty clear, could be a 0 instead of U, but I am pretty sure it was a U)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/anidel/sets/72157643692675805/

Sorry to wake up this old thread :smile: hopefully you've been able to date your frame.

stevevw

Guru
Aniello
Just looked at your Mistral pictures. Nice work, look forward to seeing the 38 if it is to that standard.

Aniello

Regular
I hope it will be too!

The budget on the Mistral wasn't big, but because it was spread it went a bit over.
Will see with this one :smile:

Thanks.

Top Bottom