Honest opinions on this please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Not much!

It's jam packed with cheap components to keep the price down - not likely to be hard wearing - and will probably be quite heavy for a road bike.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
If the Kenda tyres are anything like those on HaloJ's Claud Butler (before she went all posh and got a Secteur Sport) then they're crap. She had lots of punctures on her commutes and ended up replacing them.

e-rider

crappy member
Quite simply it's not a good bike but.......... at £320 it's almost impossible to find a half-decent new road bike, so for the money I guess it's kind of OK.

If you have more cash, you can get a fairly decent road bike for about £450 if you shop about; this is really the minimum spend for a 'proper' road bike. These will be much better in every way and will last you much longer so in the long-term it will be a better investment.

This http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=21398
would be infintely better and you should be able to find a deal for £450

e-rider

crappy member
The carrera virtuoso offers pretty good value for money and is a better bike than the one you posted from Tredz. However, that isn't to say that the carrera is a great bike, just that for the money (£350) it's hard to find better (unless you go secondhand).

OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran
ok just wanted to know the comparrisons thanks

OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran
Its my 1st road bike and i do around 40-50 miles a week i know its not the best but would you consider it at £263 delivered?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Coco - no I wouldn't consider it for £263 delivered.

Believe us - at £263 you'll spend more time messing about with it than riding. Don't think you'll get 40-50 miles riding week in/week out.

If that's your budget, then get someone who knows a thing or two about bikes and buy good quality second hand.

A well-looked after 10-year old Mercedes is better than many cheap new cars.

Top Bottom