hope vision 4 not charging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
hi all,

my hope vision 4 led light has stopped charging. the light on the charger stays green. any ideas? i thought it had switched on in my bag on friday and gone flat, but obviously hadn't charged over night. it's only 6 months old

Open circuit cable on charger or more likely the battery pack itself ? Could be verified by checking cable terminals with a voltmeter.

Try cleaning the contacts on the charger/battery with a cotton bud dipped in alcohol.

Should be still under warranty; would be advisable to send back to manufacturer.

Tynan

Veteran
I've had this on maxx lights, they changed it without fuss but be firm about demanding a new unit and not a repaired one is my advice

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I think you can do a system reset that does something to the internals.
IF you email them, they'll tell you what to do.
One of the best companies ever for warranty and communication.

Marin Maniac

I've just sent my Hope 2 back to Hope without proof of purchase as it devolped a lose connection somewhere.

I sent it on the Monday and it was repaired free of charge, and received it back by Fed ex on the Wedneaday.

Great service!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hope will fix it for you - as it's under 12 months old, contact the retailer first. Hope will repair the kit for you if that route proves difficult.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
update.

i took it to hope. they said come back in a hour. i did. they gave me a new battery. they said i had somehow shorted out the battery terminals. 'impossible' i thought as the battery never leaves the bike.

but the points being, i didn't take a receipt, i turned up unannounced, they thought it was my fault. yet they still sorted me out with no quibbles at all. fantastic service. it really does lighten up your day when it happens.

WELL DONE, Hope Technology. Fantastic products, fantastic after sales customer service!!!

Marin Maniac

shauncollier said:
update.

i took it to hope. they said come back in a hour. i did. they gave me a new battery. they said i had somehow shorted out the battery terminals. 'impossible' i thought as the battery never leaves the bike.

but the points being, i didn't take a receipt, i turned up unannounced, they thought it was my fault. yet they still sorted me out with no quibbles at all. fantastic service. it really does lighten up your day when it happens.

WELL DONE, Hope Technology. Fantastic products, fantastic after sales customer service!!!

+ 1

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good to hear.....

One of my Vision 1's went faulty a few months ago (wouldn't switch off) - returned and replaced by Wiggle very quickly... sent email to Hope, and they said "it won't happen next time...."

Top Bottom