Horizon S3 Spin Bike Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheFew

Hello all,

I am very much a noob when it comes to spin training and I have an old Horizon S3 spin bike. The bike did have a basic computer on it, which was triggered off of a metal plate/maybe a magnet on the fly wheel.

That computer has died and did not really have any distinguishing details on. So on that basis I have failed to find a new one...

So the question is... can anyone help me find a new bike computer for my Horizon S3??

Thanks

It's just a rejig of the old bike computer that recorded how many times a magnet on the wheel went past the sensor. You'd input the wheel size and jt would know your distance.

On a spin bike you're not going anywhere.
Your resistance isn't accounted for.

Doing an hour of 100rpm at full resistance would give you the same figure as 100rpm with no resistance.

Personally I'd save the cash and just record time spent on the bike.

OP
OP
T

TheFew

Thanks for the thoughts. Agree that recording data is a little pointless given the resistance is ignored. But an estimate of the rpm and distance for fixed resistance would provide motivational for me, and I was hope a seemingly simple computer may be able to be sourced fairly cheaply.. I just can seem to find one...

Top Bottom