House of Cards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I bought the boxed set of House of Cards etc with the excellent Ian Richardson when in London last Friday. I only ever saw snippets of it when it was on telly and so I was really shocked and horrified when he threw Susannah Harker off the Commons' roof!!! That almost makes it a video nasty cos I think she's really gorgeous. Now I've got the next two series to plough through. I do hope that he only bumps off rough old dogs.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Andy in Sig said:
I bought the boxed set of House of Cards etc with the excellent Ian Richardson when in London last Friday. I only ever saw snippets of it when it was on telly and so I was really shocked and horrified when he threw Susannah Harker off the Commons' roof!!! That almost makes it a video nasty cos I think she's really gorgeous. Now I've got the next two series to plough through. I do hope that he only bumps off rough old dogs.

That takes me back. He did sh*g her first IIRC?

I always think of Ian Richardson in the timeless Tinker Tailor series. What a great cast with the late, great Alec Guinness, Michael Jayston, Ian R, Bernard Hepton etc

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
rich p said:
That takes me back. He did sh*g her first IIRC?

I always think of Ian Richardson in the timeless Tinker Tailor series. What a great cast with the late, great Alec Guinness, Michael Jayston, Ian R, Bernard Hepton etc

You're absolutely right about Tinker, Tailor. The sad thing was that in Smiley's People that Michael Jayston who played Guillam was replaced by that bloke who can't act.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Andy in Sig said:
You're absolutely right about Tinker, Tailor. The sad thing was that in Smiley's People that Michael Jayston who played Guillam was replaced by that bloke who can't act.

I've googled that and his name is Michael Byrne who, apparently, is now in Coronation St.

Michael Jayston lived very near me and we used to say hello over a pint in the Dyke Road Tavern although I can't say I really knew him. He certainly liked a drink and was a reasonable local cricketer - not a bad CV in my book!

OP
OP
Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
That's right, Michael Byrne! He was bloody awful as Hogan's replacement in Sharpe too. He always plays the same character in the same unconvincing way. I cannot for the life of me imagine in him in Coronation St.

I always thought that Michael Jayston would have made a good James Bond in a mould not too dissimilar from the current bloke.

Top Bottom