How big is a football pitch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Media measurements include football pitches, tennis courts, double decker buses and jumbo jets. It is helpful as we're all clearly too stupid to understand metric or imperial measurements.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
What about American Football pitches? ... i think the size of a plane was on an American doc.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
This is a good guide----

Pitch dimensions
Find out the size details of a football pitch.

_40747002_footy_pitch_finale1.gif

Did you know that not all pitches are the same size?

The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m).

classic33

Leg End Member
This is a good guide----

Pitch dimensions
Find out the size details of a football pitch.

_40747002_footy_pitch_finale1.gif

Did you know that not all pitches are the same size?

The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m).
So a square pitch is possible?

Media measurements include football pitches, tennis courts, double decker buses and jumbo jets. It is helpful as we're all clearly too stupid to understand metric or imperial measurements.

My daughter and I have a standing joke about things being measured in comparison to:
The Isle of Wight
or
Olympic Swimming Pools

midlife

Guru
Oooops, forgot the swimming pool........the space shuttles engines empty the equivalent of a swimming pool ever 25 seconds :smile:

Things can also be measured by the shed load :smile:

Shaun

beachy

Fleet linemarkers do an excellent pocket guide and wall chart of all uk sports markings. I have to hide it from the apprentices though. Football pitches can vary greatly but as shown earlier there is a minimum and maximum.

Top Bottom