England : North Yorkshire How busy is the B 6265 Grassington Road.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
This coming Weds i am taking two chaps to Beckermonds a bit past Buckden.To save some miles we are going to Skipton by train hopefully,now there are a couple of routes out of Skipton and i fancy a different route to get us to Threshfield then Grassington then onwards.Now i don't want to go backwrds to Bolton Abbey so i have picked the B6265 have i done the right thing.

I don't know/remember the B6265 - but fwiw, how about Skipton through Embsay, onto Barden Road, dropping down at Barden Tower, on to Appletreewick, and the quiet side to Grasasington? Does that count as going back to Bolton Abbey?

I did it with 2 kids on bikes and another on a tandem - gloriously quiet and traffic free. Aye - and good views too, and only about 3 miles longer?

400bhp

Guru
I've done it twice around that area on a C2C West to East. It was very quiet on both days. Once was a saturday late morning and once was a friday late morning.

steveoo

I,ve done the route from skipton through eastby down through barden towers on to burnsall and up to grassington several times over the last few months and have had no trouble with traffic,sometimes its very quiet although it does depend on what day you go i tend to avoid sundays as too many day trippers out although its still easy going.Nice fast run down to barden towers but watch the turn on the bridge at the bottom carry too much speed and you,re in the field!

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Thanks for the help i am going to take a vote with my mates new route via Rylstone and Cracoe or drop back to Bolton Abbey,or Embsay.

Paul_L

Über Member
I,ve done the route from skipton through eastby down through barden towers on to burnsall and up to grassington several times over the last few months and have had no trouble with traffic,sometimes its very quiet although it does depend on what day you go i tend to avoid sundays as too many day trippers out although its still easy going.Nice fast run down to barden towers but watch the turn on the bridge at the bottom carry too much speed and you,re in the field!

I've clocked 52mph down there. Nice. But a bit frightening at the bottom.

Top Bottom