how do you set your saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CEBEP

I understand it’s a 7 year old thread, but I can’t stop wondering what these things are for.

67180C01-3234-4E0F-9C11-E61D2656CC5D.jpeg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I understand it’s a 7 year old thread, but I can’t stop wondering what these things are for.

View attachment 654300

They are brakes, they slow the bike down, most of us find them useful

In other news shorty or sports mudguards were quite popular back in the day. They do prevent crap getting into the afore mentioned brake calipers. They also look super cool:becool:

Kell

Veteran
I do seem to remember having a "racer" with those tiny mudguards.

Might have been a 5-speed Raleigh Arena (second hand of course). Those top-pull brake levers were also terrible.

1658761099061.png

ExBrit

Über Member
I do seem to remember having a "racer" with those tiny mudguards.

Might have been a 5-speed Raleigh Arena (second hand of course). Those top-pull brake levers were also terrible.

View attachment 654348

I haven't seen a front-lamp mount like that since I was about 14. Brings back memories of riding dark Hampshire lanes by the wan light of an expiring 3 volt battery and incandescent bulb. I don't miss those lights at all :tongue:
Damn fine rear reflector, though.

Kell

Veteran
Those top-bar frame-mounted pumps plus no bottle cages. Seem to remember pros in those days had the bottles mounted on the bars.

doublecagewith1_20_1_1051x700.jpg

Or in some cases behind the saddle.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The seat angle of a Brompton seems quite slack, so I don't slam the saddle right back like I do on a bike with a 73 degree seat. Basically, if you find yourself shuffling forwards on the saddle and sitting on the narrow bit, it's too far back.

Top Bottom