How much Could I sell this for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PMB

An Immaculate Cannondale CAAD 5 frame and forks, Red and really is "as new" with all receipts from Wheelbase.

I paid £400 for the complete bike but I know that was an absolute steal, due to the guy moving abroad. Any advice appeciated

Thanks

Paul

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
you've got to look at what it would cost someone to build it up compared to how much a new complete bike would be. I'm afraid that, if you set a complete build price of £400, then the frame allowance would only be about £50 max. Even going cheapo components you have:-

Wheelset - £100
Groupset - £150
Money left for frame, forks, bars, stem, seatpost, saddle, pedals etc - £150

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blimey, you only bought it a couple of weeks ago - that didn't last long!

As you say, it was a bargain so you ought to at least get your money back, and perhaps you'll make a profit.

Oops, I've just noticed that you are thinking of breaking the bike up and selling just the frame and forks.

I paid £500 for my CAAD 5 f/f but that was a few years ago and I think I paid over the odds then.

I just found this CAAD 5 f/f on eBay for £110. Not in perfect condition though, so perhaps yours would be worth, what, £150?

OP
OP
P

PMB

Thanks Colin,
yeah the bike was bought as a stop gap for my girlfriend as she was waiting for a new Cannondale Synapse. Change of plan now, as we are keeping the components and upgrading to a K speed carbon frame, the Cannondale one is too big for her so, we are looking to sell it. About £150 seems to be the general consensus,

Top Bottom