How robust are ATCK handle bar mounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I expect they are the same as the ATC 2000 ones. In which case they are very robust. Mine takes a lot of pressure to get the camera out, even when I had broken bits off of both sides.

HLaB said:
Cheers, I took it out on a 59 miler and it seemed fine. Only downside the batteries only lasted about 50 mins so I had to download the video with a card reader and I think I've corrupted the card :smile: and I couldn't see the video.

HLaB, there is software out there that you can use to correct corrupted AVIs.

I think the one I used is here. You only have a limited amount of time to use it before you have to pay, but it might rescue your file.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
magnatom said:
HLaB, there is software out there that you can use to correct corrupted AVIs.

I think the one I used is here. You only have a limited amount of time to use it before you have to pay, but it might rescue your file.

Cheers I'll maybe give that a try back in the flat, my card reader in the office starts to read the card, then stops and I can't even access a file. Just to confirm its not the reader I tried other cards and they work fine; I must of corrupted the card.

HLaB said:
Cheers I'll maybe give that a try back in the flat, my card reader in the office starts to read the card, then stops and I can't even access a file. Just to confirm its not the reader I tried other cards and they work fine; I must of corrupted the card.

Ah, that might be a bit more difficult then, if you can't actually read the file. The utility has repaired AVIs which where intact, but had some internal error within them. Anyway I suppose it is worth a try.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Solved my problem. The helmet cams a Christmas present so it was left at my parents, it was the only thing that would recognise the 4gb card, I went there tonight to watch the game. 4 different PC's (both XP and Vista) and 4 different card readers couldn't recognise 4gb cards, only smaller ones. Is that a common issue?

Radius

SHREDDER
Not really, or at least not as far as I've experienced, and I'm using a cheap card reader and only have 4gb CF cards (for my photography work)...

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Cheers, it might be worth trying a different brand of sd card, I'm just using the one that came with the camera, its labeled 'dogcam' but I doubt they actually make it. All my other branded cards although smaller (<2gb) work fine.

HLaB,

I've just had a thought. Is that card a SDHC card (i.e. one of the newer cards?). If so you'll only be able to read it if the reader is SDHC compliant. There might not be anything wrong with the card after all!:biggrin:

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
magnatom said:
HLaB,

I've just had a thought. Is that card a SDHC card (i.e. one of the newer cards?). If so you'll only be able to read it if the reader is SDHC compliant. There might not be anything wrong with the card after all!:biggrin:

It only marked a 'High Speed DVR SD' but I've got a feeling you could be right all my other cards are high Speed SD but not DVR.

Top Bottom