How stupid!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

My own stupidest moment came when I got pissed up with some mates the day before I left for university. We came out of the pub and saw this old guy slumped over in the street. I shouted for help and went over to him. By this time a lot of the pub had come outside and watched as I felt for a pulse, couldn't find one and said loudly 'this man is dead!'

Seconds later the 'dead man' coughed, called me a w**ker in a drunken slur and staggered up the street. Everyone from the pub slow-clapped and whistled me as I departed. How embarassing!

I was on my way to work early one Sunday morning and saw smoke billowing out of the galvanising factory over the other side of the estate, the one next to the three gasometers, the block of flats, major road junction and the canals.

SIX fire engines, a Major Incident Control Unit, and two ambulances arrived, just as the "smoke" died away. A grumpy-looking chap in overalls came to the gate and spoke to the firemen, before they all got back in their vehicles and drove off. Seems they were doing a bit of overtime.

I left the phone box and carried on my way to work...

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Oh 20, 20, 20,..how big did you feel :smile:

Though at the same time - yuo could have saved a few people there so you were right i apologise !

yenrod said:

That is hilarious. :eek::biggrin: The Welsh accents make it all the more amusing.

Control Room: "South Wales Police, what's your emergency?"

Caller: "It's not really. I just need to inform you that across the mountain there's a bright stationary object."

Control room: "Right."

Caller: "If you've got a couple of minutes perhaps you could find out what it is? It's been there at least half an hour and it's still there."

Control: "It's been there for half an hour. Right. Is it actually on the mountain or in the sky?"

Caller: "It's in the air."

Control: "I will send someone up there now to check it out."

Caller: "OK."

The mystery was soon solved, as the exchange between control and an officer at the scene, makes clear.

Control: "Alpha Zulu 20, this object in the sky, did anyone have a look at it?"

Officer: "Yes, it's the moon. Over."

;):biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
Chuch boiler roomfaces the main street.Passer by sees what he thought was smoke.Local fire station arrive before the key holder.Smash in main front doors.Before they work out it is only steam.Must admit boiler needed a good service.

Top Bottom