How to fit all my accessories on my bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The doomed

Über Member
No longer have a car and my bike is now my mode of transport for about the city.

I currently have:
*bottle cage on my diagonal frame post
*pump tight under my horizontal bar
*Saddle bag with a few tools and spare tube

That's all fine. But as I will need to lock my bike up around the city periodically I was looking at a lock, ideally a D-lock -> http://www.evanscycles.com/products...lock-with-loop-end-1200-x-10mm-cable-ec041175

I have a small frame on my hybrid as I'm not the tallest. I cant fit D lock in under my horizontal bar. Any ideas on a solution to fit it all on? Or should I just ditch the D-Lock and get something else instead?

akb

Veteran
Is there a particular place you park your bike? Maybe leave your lock at the locking station?
If you dont have room to fix your D-Lock to your frame, I would suggest looking at a rack with panniers or a larger saddle bag?

As an after thought, there are mini-pumps available that fit under the mounting for the bottle cage. Like this.

OP
OP
T

The doomed

Über Member
Thanks. Moving pump might be an option but reckon I need to do that along with buying a new bottle cage that gives more side access - so I can get bottle in and out with D-Lock on bike.

Probably best solution all round.

Top Bottom