How to make somebody think your RLJ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was turning left out of this junction. I was sat behind an car in the ASL (about where the WVM is) when the filter green arrow came on. I waved to the car in front and he still didn't move, so I ended going round his right side and turning left. His horn goes but he still sits there, I was expecting him to either follow or get beeped by another car. A minute later he passes by on the main road still shaking his head, he must of thought it was another typical cyclist who RLJ's xx(.

thomas

the tank engine
haha. Some people can't understand filter lights at all.

The alternative is, the light is green, but the filter light isn't on too (you can go, but may have to stop in the junction) and people just sit there waiting for the filter light.

Think I'd of pointed to the filter light to the guy in front of you.

here's an old video of mine with traffic lights confusing motons.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kDQj9ZTfeg

Amanda P

Legendary Member
A couple of years ago I was driving one of our work pickups through York. There's a set of lights in Blossom Street that have separate filters for turning left and right and for straight on. I was going right.

I'm waiting at the red light, and a car stops behind me. The filter for straight on traffic turns green, and traffic in the lane to our left starts to move off.

Then the driver of the car behind me sets off and - CRUMP! - drives straight into the back of my stationary truck.

He'd seen the traffic to his left moving and moved off himself, despite there being a large stationary vehicle in front of him. No damage to the truck, but the car was a bit of a wreck: front bumper, grille and bonnet bent, and the radiator punctured.

Pratt.

GAVSTER

I've seen so many people at that junction not realise that the left turn fliter is on. However, it's not like the lights aren't obvious !

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
thomas said:
haha. Some people can't understand filter lights at all.

The alternative is, the light is green, but the filter light isn't on too (you can go, but may have to stop in the junction) and people just sit there waiting for the filter light.

Think I'd of pointed to the filter light to the guy in front of you.

here's an old video of mine with traffic lights confusing motons.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kDQj9ZTfeg

You tube was blocked at work so I've only just saw that, I'd forgotten about that one :biggrin:

thomas

the tank engine
HLaB said:
You tube was blocked at work so I've only just saw that, I'd forgotten about that one :biggrin:

hehe :biggrin:. To be fair to the two drivers, when it was very early in the morning I did almost do the same thing. "green light, go...ohh, wait a sec".

Top Bottom