How to open pack of Bahco SandFlex hacksaw blades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
Yes, I will be using washers. Will have to get more though, cos it only included 3 and spare SKS mounting kits have 9 washers in photos. Not impressed by German quality control!

Fastpedaller

I've got the same SKS Bluemels as the video so fingers crossed

Not whilst you are using the saw blade!

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

Kell

Veteran
Can you hacksaw it off?

Reminds me of this:

2940klei8n4z.jpg

OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
I'm happy to report all my fingers are intact!

Used up 2 blades on 8 cuts. Took nearly 1hr but sawed all the way instead of snapping off with pliers. No way I could've done it with the stays on the bike like the video.

I'm glad I had a go but if I had to do it again, I'd buy proper tools. Maybe a Dremel tool to cut and also smooth the edges.

Fastpedaller

I'm happy to report all my fingers are intact!

Used up 2 blades on 8 cuts. Took nearly 1hr but sawed all the way instead of snapping off with pliers. No way I could've done it with the stays on the bike like the video.

I'm glad I had a go but if I had to do it again, I'd buy proper tools. Maybe a Dremel tool to cut and also smooth the edges.

As someone else said upthread..... a junior hacksaw (compete with blade) is possibly the easiest/cheapest combo. £3.48

https://www.toolstation.com/eclipse-junior-hacksaw/p30695

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
Opening the pack of hacksaw blades is just basic training for the impossible task of installing SKS mudguards.

Plus there were no instructions at all, like the worst flat pack furniture with missing fastenings. Internet to the rescue

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Top Bottom