hpv and the drive through

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
as some of you might know I don't like to mention it but I am a bit poorly / infirm and i strudel to walk, so I have been to lots of drive troughs for coffee and the odd Berger :blush: and have never had a problem apart from today, the restaurant manager poked her head out and said, "you cant bring them through here it is health and safety policy".
to cut a long story short she wants me to sit in the car park opposite the order window and shout for some one to come out and serve me.
i did try to point out this is the most dangers place to be on a low-slung hpv, but it was like talking to a wall :angry:.
has any one else had a problem?

BenM

Veteran
you cant bring them through here it is health and safety policy
Rubbish. Nothing to do with health and safety policy. Write to their head office and point out that their staff are turning away disabled customers for no apparent reason. Discrimination at its worst (or at least, that's what you say in the letter) :biggrin:

B.

n-ick

EEyup Cosmo,
tha' wants a video camera and film this. It's clear discrimination,
especially as yu strudel.

Th'a could settle out of court;
free Big Macs for the rest of your life;
you won't be living long on't diet.

I pull up outside my local coffee shop clipped in and knock on the window, the young lady appears with my mocha as if by magic with no order being made. I drink up and off I go, I pay my tab every couple of weeks.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
i have no problem with the manager voicing concerns for my wellbeing, however misplaced, it is the attitude i got she dismissed me out of hand, when i was explaining that the most dangerous place for me to sit is in the middle of a busy car park. email has been sent to the head office i await it with baited breath :whistle:
when i go to the one near the motorbike meet-up which is in a car park across the road from the drive through, i go to the window and order, some times they tell me to go over and they will fetch it for me :smile: service with a smile.

i have seen mobility scooters go through the drive through at odd times "not at the one i had problem with":rolleyes:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think I've read of others being refused for not being in a car ... you could ask them to hold the door open so you could cycle to the counter instead :whistle: :biggrin:

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
stairfoot roundabout, i have to go through the piging drive through from the cycle path to get to the car park!

the one at sheffield retail park is fantastic, i meet the lads from my motorbike club in the car-park over the road, i just pull in at the window and most times they say to go over and we will bring your coffee to you.

The buzz words in the NHS at the moment are "Privacy and Dignity"

These are basic rights, you could ask how their insistence on shouting from the car park is either private or dignified......

byegad

Legendary Member
Blocking the drive through lane might get a result too. take your trailer and make sure it sticks out far enough and they have a choice. Serve you or close for the day. I'd take a drink and sandwiches for the wait.

OP
OP
markg0vbr

markg0vbr

Über Member
i just dont bother going to that one now, i have ridden the cycle path quite a few times with the mc sh!t shirt on given to me by a subversive anarchist from the forum hows identity i will keep secret so mc donalds hit squad cant target him.

i did get a condescending e mail back, going on about they only serve class 3 mobility scooters at the drive through, health and safty ect.
he had obviously not read my complaint properly!
i did Wright back and point out the only difference between a class 3 and class 2 mobility scooter is a button that enables a class 3 to go at 8mph and i was not riding a mobility scooter but a road going hpv that is illegal to ride on the pavement, that i have ridden thousands of miles on the road with it some of the bigger a roads as well, i think the drive through should be safe.

i did not get any reply...

Top Bottom