HT MTB recommendation £500-£800

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bashdem

Hi All

Sorry for another "recommendation" request but I've got some specific requirements so hopefully this will help.

I'm looking for a hard tail MTB to use aprrox 50% on road and 50 off road on trails like bridleways.

I'd like something with the following:

- Front fork suspension with lockout
- Hydraulic disc brakes

My budget is around £500-800 and I'll be using the cycletowork scheme through Halfords so I don't think I'm limited to any brand.

I'm 6ft 2ins, pretty fit and I cycle anything up to about 30 miles in one go (although I hope this will increase once I get my new bike!) with the occasional London to Southend type event.

I'm proper confused at the moment so any pointers, recommendations or things to think about would gladly help!!

Cheers

alci4

hi m8

looking at using the cycle2work scheme myself but the limit is £500 and in the faq's it says you cant add cash to the letter of collection

just letting you know in case you had'nt read it and go falling in love with an £800 bike just to find out you cant have it

unless you know somthing i dont which i hope is the case cause i just had someone point out a sweet voodoo out to me but it's 80 quid over the cycle2work price limit

OP
OP
B

bashdem

Hi

I know that some schemes have a £500 limit but my firm has theirs with Halfords and that has a £1000 limit, luckily!

Re the fork suspension. If I go for something that's lockable then I get the best of both worlds and only pay the price of a small additional weight.

Besides, with some of the bridleways/woods around here the suspension will come in handy I think.

Cheers

alci4

bashdem said:
Hi

I know that some schemes have a £500 limit but my firm has theirs with Halfords and that has a £1000 limit, luckily!

Cheers

you jammy sh1t lol

lucky sod

fill your boots and i hope u find the bike your after m8

good luck

Top Bottom