Hunt aero wide disc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daninplymouth

Hi,
I’m aware there is another thread directly below but wondered if anyone has tried this specific wheel?
Looking for an upgrade for my new synapse and it’s between these and a set from dcr who I emailed earlier.
I really like the look of the hunts wide and deep for an alloy rim. I originally planned some 50mm carbons but think they’d be overkill really so just looking for something lighter that rolls better.
My only concern is the 24spokes, i weigh 90kg now and the last wheels I had made were 32spoke although I was a little bit heavier then. Hunt spec them up to 100kg rider weight so I come under the max but should I be concerned ?
Thanks
https://www.huntbikewheels.com/products/hunt-34-aero-wide-disc-wheelset

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
I'm 100kg (on a good day) and have been riding Aero Wide 34s for a few months.

They cope with the cratered Fen Edge, are dead easy to fit tubeless tyres to. They are no worse than the DT Swiss Spine 23 DBs they replace in sidewinds.

Can't comment on how aero they are, because I'm on the bike!

Tyres do come up LARGE on them. My 28mm Schwalbe Ones measure up 32mm.

Not that effects performance, but I like the understated logos.

Russ

OP
OP
Daninplymouth

Daninplymouth

Not much of an update but due to good feedback on here and being an independent company I decided to go with a set of dcr rims. Communication was great at the start when discussing options but sadly it’s gone downhill from there for me. They still haven’t arrived, I gather there very busy as a lot of my original emails were being replied to late at night but I have had 3dates given to me now for completion and they have all passed originally was planned around the 26th June so it’s been quite a time.

Top Bottom