Hybrid bike needed ~£200 budget

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oli_ramsay

I'm a bit of a noob and only just found out hybrid bikes existed :welcome:

I basically require a new bike getting me to and from work (mostly riding on pavement/road) and for the occasional bike ride (road). I just need something reliable that wont fall apart on me piece by piece (like my skanky apollo manic).

Would something like this: http://www.mailordercycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s18p8349 be OK?

Thanks in advance for your help :smile:

iendicott

The bike looks fine. Keep it well maintained and it should last.

I had a simular budget and I bought one of these Clicky fairly light and with an adjustable front suspension.

I cover 10 miles each day, had it for 3 months now and covered over 600 miles, this includes a 20 mile ride during the week with a friend and it has not missed a beat.

The only thing I would replace are the tyres which I have for Schwalbe Marathon Plus(Anti Puncture).

Basically I found the lighter the better but for this budget I found it hard to get a light bike though mine is not to bad.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
oli_ramsay said:
I'm a bit of a noob and only just found out hybrid bikes existed ;)

I basically require a new bike getting me to and from work (mostly riding on pavement/road) and for the occasional bike ride (road). I just need something reliable that wont fall apart on me piece by piece (like my skanky apollo manic).

Would something like this: http://www.mailordercycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b0s18p8349 be OK?

Thanks in advance for your help :smile:

The Claude Butler in your link looks like a good bike for that money.

PS welcome to the forum.

Hi Oli and welcome

IIf there is one close to you it may be an idea to look in a Cash Convertor or similar. A few months ago cycling plus as part of a cheap bke story picked up a Carrera Subway for under 100 in one. You'd also be able to check sizing.

Good luck with the search

Stereo

The Subway LTD isn't available for home delivery afaik, if you click check stock it says it is, but it's an issue with the website and when you go through the checkout it says it is unavailable for delivery. A absolute bargain if you can find one in your area though.

Top Bottom