Hybrid come road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lankylarry

Evening! I am about to embark on a summer of serious (100 mile plus rides) trips around the country and am thinking about my options bike wise. I already own a Land Rover Chagan hybrid, 2008 model. Its a great bike and I have enjoyed using it around the local country lanes, but as money is an issue, I am exploring the possibility of getting parts to gear it towards road cycling, such as new tyres, handlebars etc. Is it worth doing so to save money, or should I shell out on a new bike because it will never be good enough? How much will I need to spend to convert the bike to a required standard? Will I forever be regretting its heavier weight when out with friends?!

Any help most appreciated, thanks...

OP
OP
L

lankylarry

Evening! I am about to embark on a summer of serious (100 mile plus rides) trips around the country and am thinking about my options bike wise. I already own a Land Rover Chagan hybrid, 2008 model. Its a great bike and I have enjoyed using it around the local country lanes, but as money is an issue, I am exploring the possibility of getting parts to gear it towards road cycling, such as new tyres, handlebars etc. Is it worth doing so to save money, or should I shell out on a new bike because it will never be good enough? How much will I need to spend to convert the bike to a required standard? Will I forever be regretting its heavier weight when out with friends?!

Any help most appreciated, thanks...

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I don't know the precise model but the most effective way of upgrading a bike to be easier on the road is to put some lighter wheels on. So I would get some reasonably decent 700c's (I assume your bike is compatible) and try that. You can fiddle about with other stuff if you really think you want to but the wheels are the main thing.

Top Bottom