I am back again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Right i am back from Goosnargh near Preston,two reasons for the visit.It was our turn to do the beds the cleaning some gardening and celebrate my 70th burfday it was yesterday.
But this is not the reason i am posting.Due to a water tanker taking out 20 meters of a bridge wall,The bridge out of Clitheroe Edisford Bridge .We have a long detour.Waddington,Newton in Bowland,Dunsop Bridge and Whitewell.I have never seen such beauty oh my rugged wild in places beautiful,water in gulleys.Then there are the HILLS HILLS i tell you and about eight cyclists knocking seven bels out of them.Lancashire Bowland i doff my hat to you.Stunning but sorry to say there would be no way i could ride those steep gradients.But you are gorgeous just gorgeous.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Can we have the party now.

The Gregg's sausage rolls are on you.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm amazed that you have never been there before - it is one of my favourite places!

By coincidence - I have just been corresponding with @Sea of vapours about this year's 'Dales' forum ride. There is a good chance that we will take a break from the Dales this year and do the Forest of Bowland instead, and if so we very definitely will be tackling a selection of those hills! :okay:

And Many Happy Returns!

PS If you thought that it looked good at this time of year, you really need to go on a nice sunny day between May and August.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No you're all wrong, Bowland is a terrible area for cycling. Move along now, there's nothing here.
It is definitely a TERRIBLE place for a drive - bloody cyclists everywhere! :okay:

(Psst - don't mention it to anyone, but there may be an interesting 116 km (72 mile) forum ride from Waddington in June or July this year... :whistle:)

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Genteel people i am not worthy to even pump up your tyres.I was gobsmacked when we passed those cyclists,then i saw where they had come from.We were going downhill most of the way,they were going uphill all of the way.

classic33

Leg End Member
Genteel people i am not worthy to even pump up your tyres.I was gobsmacked when we passed those cyclists,then i saw where they had come from.We were going downhill most of the way,they were going uphill all of the way.
For your sins, cycle up to Leeds-Bradford from the Otley side.

Top Bottom