I am learning about Leeds.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
allegedly http://vimeo.com/2713691

Leeds has more trees per square mile than any other city in England. Also allegedly. And there are houses which have eaves gutters hewn from solid hardwood. Now that is very, very different. And, if one of said gutters should land on your head, you'd be killed instantly.
Nowt odd about that. The builders used what they had. Common in many places. Consider the age of the buildings they are on.
Leeds has the world's worst road system.

Ever.
Sheffield is worse.

classic33

Leg End Member

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I was in Leeds once for a union conference, absolutely loved the place, stayed in Bewley's hotel, also very nice.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Leeds......home of some of the greatest bike manufacturers as well (what say you, Vern?)

View attachment 19695

Aye.

8090298866_8ee4b39965.jpg

It's a little known fact that Bob Jackson and Maurice Woodrup used to be business partners.

Alex H

Legendary Member
ever been to Milton Keynes? Or Swindon?

Leeds is in the Midlands. Discuss

Milton Keynes has an excellent road system - it's just not for bicycles :wacko: (but then, neither are the redways :angry:)

classic33

Leg End Member
A lot of information is of little value if it's unfocussed. It's not clear what contribution it made to the thread.
Its unclear what the OP is learning about Leeds. Read his first post.
There's more information if the links are followed, than I'm able to give. Especially on somewhere like this.

Top Bottom