I feel a complete idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been getting some pain at the top of my kneecaps and it was particularly bad going up stairs. Last night I was cycling home on my commute and I decided to try a really high cadence. I suddenly realised that the saddle was too low. I made several adjustments and eventually raised it by over 1.5" and although it is now more awkward to get on the bike, the riding position is much better and even 18 hours later, my knees feel much better.

The saddle had been slipping so gradually, that I hadn't noticed.

Good work, Sherlock! :smile:

Every time I change to new bike shoes (the sole is invariably not the same thickness as the old pair, slightly different design, etc.) I go through a period of adjusting the saddle until my left knee stops complaining. Once I get it right, the problem goes away.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Crikey Patrick - I can't remember you ever actually posting about cycling before - I thought you spent nearly every waking minute in Soapbox -> Politics and Life ;)!

I realised a couple of weeks ago that the saddle position was too low on my Basso and it had the same effect on my knees. It's amazing how much difference about an inch makes...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
ColinJ said:
Crikey Patrick - I can't remember you ever actually posting about cycling before - I thought you spent nearly every waking minute in Soapbox -> Politics and Life ;)!

I realised a couple of weeks ago that the saddle position was too low on my Basso and it had the same effect on my knees. It's amazing how much difference about an inch makes...

Cue Fnaar...

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
ColinJ said:
. It's amazing how much difference about an inch makes...

I'm sure that not all those email ads are rubbish. Some of it must work. :smile:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Patrick Stevens said:
I'm sure that not all those email ads are rubbish. Some of it must work. B)
Only if you know the right suppliers :smile: Oh, anybody watch the stage up Alpe d'huez today? Err hasn't it been hot for July 2008...:ohmy:ops

Top Bottom