I have a confession to make...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pompey Princess

Veteran
:tongue: After slating the Aldi cycle wear in a previous thread, I have just gone and bought the waterproof trousers for £7.99 as I think I might need them this week.

The rain this week, will test my Southern Softy resolve and I thought I'd better give myself no excuses for not cycling in. :smile:

yello

Good on yer! You'll be able to slate them next week on the basis of having tried them! Much better that than just parroting what others might say.

To be honest, I would have though waterproof trou on a bike would be both uncomfortable and hot... but I don't know, I've never tried them! I'm quite happy for my legs to get wet so long as they're not cold.

OP
OP
Pompey Princess

Pompey Princess

Veteran
No, the thin ones - TBH, the cold on my legs doesn't really bother me that much but I don't want to get totally soaked on my way to work if poss.

I'll give them a go and for £7.99, it won't have been a very expensive mistake!

Hey, it's just stopped raining here!!! Just in time for the match!!! (that's Pompey v Stoke)

:smile:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
It must be me because I never wear water proof trousers. It just seems so much easier to get wet and then dry off. I tried them once and hated it.

What kind of distance do you wear them for?

My commute of 8 mile each way means that I can be home and in the shower in 30 mins.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I usually have a school run either side of the commute so it means standing around getting cold (for an extra 30 + mins) if I get wet (well apart from in summer), I'd rather be slightly damp inside the waterproof trousers and warm than wet and freezing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've been using the Aldi pants for a year, just bought a new pair as the others were way too big.

If it's slight rain, I don't use them, but if it's throwing it down I will. Helps keep the shoes dry as spray doesn't go down the top of the overshoe. Just wear shorts under them though, no longs/trousers. Also quite handy for riding through flooded roads, as seems to be the case recently.

JohnRedcoRn

i got the aldi gear too - i'm not saying its top notch gear but its pretty damn good for the money ; the longs / bib longs and jersey are all comfortable and a good fit...the only problem is the pad in the pants hangs a few inches under my arse when walking, but once in the saddle theyre comfy, as good as owt else i've tried in terms of padding.
I got the thin waterproof pants too; i carry them(+other gear) in my rack pack on a 'just in case it pisses down hard' basis, so theyre there if i need them. Seem like quite a good fit too, and i'm still a little bit on the slightly overweight side so i need the space!

Top Bottom