I have...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
been patiently waiting for a window in the weather to get out on my bike all day, and finally the sun has (sort of) got his hat on, so i'm off out for a speedy 40/50 miler depending how i'm going, see you later ;)

Enjoy your ride ;)

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
ahh lovely, 43 miles @ 18mph avg feeling nice and stong all the way round, which was just as well as there was no one else to take a turn on the front :tongue: .orpington>pratts bottom>otford>seal>ivy hatch>plaxtol>hadlow>tonbridge>hildenborough>sevenoaks>otford (again)>shoreham>eynsford>crockenhill>orpington :biggrin: not a bad little loop with plenty of ups and downs thrown in for good measure and it only rained hard for a couple of miles and i dried off descending through sevenoaks, now where's that plate of fish and chips? :tongue:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I managed 38 chilly but dry miles and had a very social trip - first I got caught up on Waddinton Fell by a very fit woman called Nancy who I met about 4 months ago, she shot off over Cross 'o Greet towards Lancaster. Then I met a really charming couple of MTBers on road tyres at the cafe in Dunsop Bridge, the geographical centre of the UK. Then a bloke called Chris from Blackburn; rode with him for a few miles, then bumped into my regular cycling buddy out shopping in Whalley, then a bloke called Brian from Darwen, rode with him up the last killer hill to home. The rain started as I reached my house. Great ride, interesting company!

The funny thing was that I called at the house of a neighbour to see if he wanted to come out and his son told me he didn't know if his Dad was out or still asleep, so I went out alone. Later met the neighbour who told me he'd been having a lie-in, had gone out later and punctured twice in 100 yards so had gone home in disgust!

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
brockers said:
@iLB Was that an Avanti/Catford 'fast ride'? 18mph ave on that loop is quite impressive.

well i do ride with avanti, but was out on my own today zoom, zoom....:sad:

Top Bottom