i just realised...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
... I probably saw one of the Sky team out training today. Walking thro Stratford i noticed this guy, in full Sky Team kit on a blue and black Pinarello Dogma. "Nice bike" i thought. Me and my mate got in the car and as we drove past him a few miles down the road i said to her "that bike is worth about £5k" and we laughed about if you're gonna get a bike like that you better have the goods to back it up.
it just occurred to me... Full team kit and Pinarello Dogma in Sky colours.... What are the chances? Just looked up the images of the Sky team bikes and yep...
Doh!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Did you call the police....?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
... I probably saw one of the Sky team out training today. Walking thro Stratford i noticed this guy, in full Sky Team kit on a blue and black Pinarello Dogma. "Nice bike" i thought. Me and my mate got in the car and as we drove past him a few miles down the road i said to her "that bike is worth about £5k" and we laughed about if you're gonna get a bike like that you better have the goods to back it up.
it just occurred to me... Full team kit and Pinarello Dogma in Sky colours.... What are the chances? Just looked up the images of the Sky team bikes and yep...
Doh!

It was one of the sixteen stolen from the team preparing for Tour de Haut Var.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
2nd photo opportunity missed this week, altho the other one was entirely more beautiful (other than the dogma) as it was a massive rainbow stretching right over a roundabout. Perfect symmetry.

Could be a Chinese imposter ! ^_^

pplpilot

Guru
It must have been my boss, 6 figure salary and has just discovered cycling, a typical 'all the money no idea' kind of bloke. He lives that way on. He got into motorbikes once an thought it would be cool to go out an buy a Harley Furguson... I rest my case.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Or a sky wannabee?
Nah they come in full mamil stylee with about an extra couple of stone training weight :rolleyes:
yes i discussed this with one of my cycle friends. He was definitely not mamil shaped. He cruised past me and my mate as we were walking back to the car in the middle of Stratford and we were chatting so not concentrating on our surroundings fully and i just took a quick glance. I looked coz the guy was in full kit but in my head i immediately presumed mamil, then noticed the bike coz i love dogmas. I think coz I'd already made my mind up he was a mamil, and coz i was chatting, i never made the connection, so when we later came upon him (and he was quite some way too!) i was more interested in telling my mate what a top bike it was and still didn't put 2 and 2 together. It was only later when i was sitting at home that i realised what colour the bike was. Surely any mamil that tries to fully kit themselves out with team bike as well should be made to prove themselves or drowned in the Avon !!

Top Bottom