I know I'm in the wrong but.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

A house we did a while back had a very specific style of windows at the rear of the house.

I contacted a few suppliers and the first guy who was recommended got the job.

One of the other companies who didn't get the job have a rep who contacts me on a regular basis. Typical rep type who is full of the chat and obviously writes down things I've said on the conversation as he always says something like "oh how was your Dads 70th brithday party" as I obviously mentioned that on the last call.

Nice enough guy but not really my cup of tea. Anyway, I got him out today as I'm thinking of doing something similar window wise in another property and the company he works for is a bit more experienced than the one who did the last one. The guy turns up and he's around 50 - which is fine, half decent suit - which is fine, nice shirt and tie -which is fine but then he had this head of hair that was dyed a kind of Paul McCartney colour and about an inch of white roots right down his shed parting.

put me right off the guy. I know it's wrong but how can you possibly take any man serious who dyes his hair????

How can he look in the mirror in the morning and think he looks decent!!!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Maybe he has a bizzare sense of humour and bleaches his roots to confuse folk?:laugh:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

tdr1nka said:
Maybe he has a bizzare sense of humour and bleaches his roots to confuse folk?:becool:

I would find that funny but I'm afraid the rest of his hair was in no way a natural colour. Kind of burgundy colour. Even his choice of hair dye was wrong :laugh:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I am just about the most unobservant person I know, but I remember being taken aback suddenly - and I'm talking probably 25 years ago now - in a queue at the post office, suddenly twigging the fact that the wee feller in front of me was wearing a toupee that was a completely different colour to his hair. Grey hair came up a three or four inches from his collar, then turned at a clear horizontal border into a rich chocolate brown. It was quite an effect.

swee said:
That's awesome. It's actually better than someone wearing a toupe which is clearly years out of date ie the hair has receded far more, leaving a bald margin between the toupe and the remaining hair. Strangely I also witnessed this in a post office queue.

Re the OP I think your reaction to that hairdo probably meant that you couldn't take him seriously. If someone has been in sales that long they should know that a lot of it is about credibility which in a face to face situation is partly about your appearance - but not entirely. So why should he be able to deliver on his sales promises when he doesn't appear to be credible?

colly

Re member eR
You are only saying that because you think it is obvious he dyes his hair.
How many people do you deal with who dye their hair and are better at it than 'chummy' and you have no idea.:ohmy:

Anyway, that's sexist. Women dye their hair all the time and no one bats an eyelid.

Err.......for the record I don't dye my hair.:biggrin:

although??.................................

colly

Re member eR
Kirstie said:
No that's sexist :ohmy:;):biggrin:

OK OK..............Some women.

Jeez y'don't have to get picky y'know.

:biggrin:

I saw it today. Young guy who was very sharply dressed but obviously couldn't deal with his premature salt and pepper hair, so he had uniform chestnut brown instead. Just drew attention to his vanity and insecurity. Shame.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Kirstie said:
That's awesome. It's actually better than someone wearing a toupe which is clearly years out of date ie the hair has receded far more, leaving a bald margin between the toupe and the remaining hair. Strangely I also witnessed this in a post office queue.

Re the OP I think your reaction to that hairdo probably meant that you couldn't take him seriously. If someone has been in sales that long they should know that a lot of it is about credibility which in a face to face situation is partly about your appearance - but not entirely. So why should he be able to deliver on his sales promises when he doesn't appear to be credible?

Exactly. You're a wise girl :ohmy: That's exactly the reason. See, it's like a chain effect. While he won't be installing the windows or making them, he is the face of the company and if someone employed someone like that, what the hell are they like???? Sounds childish and petty but his appearance has raised doubts in my mind.

Would have been the same if he had a wig. Just can't take anyone like that serious

Top Bottom