i need to find a bike what bike do i need?

can you guys help me find right bike form me?

• help me

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • please

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xPeter96

Hello everyone. my name is peter and I need some help from you guys. Im 5'8 and weight 250 pounds. i have a problem i found a bike but when i sit on it i feel like its going to pop. i need to find a new bike that can support me. i like how a bmx, comfort, commuter/urban and a hybrid bike looks. but please help me find a bike.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi & :welcome: to CC.

What sort of bike have you found? Give us all a little more info about what riding you want to do. Roads? Trails? bit of both? Then we can advise you further :thumbsup:

Have you considered something like a mountain bike and then just change the tyres for something less knobbly. @gb155 started off a lot heavier than you on a Giant Yukon, which has been superseded by a Giant Revel. @Packrat was riding his Revel at well over 100kg and he's not killed it yet.

Have a look at @gb155 blog, you may find it helpful.

Anyon

Regular
As Saluki says above, what kind of riding do you intend doing? You need to work out if you intend to do, just road riding, commuting, off-roading or a mixture of each. This will give you a clearer path on which bikes to look into.

I'm 5'9 and about 240 pounds and have been riding a Whyte 801 for a couple of years for Off road and a Specailized Sectuer for about 6 years, and neither have given me any issues or sign that they cant cope. (The Sectuer, other than tubes and tyres is standard and has not needed any replacement parts because i have, for want of a better word, "Squashed" then by being to big!) The Sectuer is good for me as the relaxed geometary make it more comfortable than a full on race bike, and i can spend 3-4 hours very comfortably racking up the miles.

Its good to do a little research and asking questions here before you hand over any cash, but once you know the path your going down, get out there and enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom